WTF?? FILES///IN THE NEWS///THE DRIVERS’ 10 COMMANDMENTS…
In an attempt to curb the ravages of “Road Rage” and other motor vehicle-borne transgressions against the almighty, today the Vatican officially issued a set of “Drivers’ Ten Commandments,” (seriously) intended to keep members of the flock in a “charitable & forthright” state of mind while behind the wheel. (Note that commandment #1 is recycled and #5 is particularly interesting)…
THE DRIVER’S TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. You shall not kill.
2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
7. Support the families of accident victims.
8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
10. Feel responsible toward others.
In addition, the code urged motorists to always “drive with a moral sense,” obey all traffic laws, and to pray when behind the wheel, performing the sign of the cross before starting off and saying the Rosary along the way (its “rhythm and gentle repetition does not distract the driver’s attention.”) Curiously, the document failed to mention any need for the application of dashboard Christ or Virgin Mary sculptures within vehicles. Apparently aesthetic decisions are still left up to the faithful…
“Jesus Built My Hotrod” by Ministry
Comments are closed.